Setting up the cart requires the following steps:
1. Upload the files of the cart package to your server preserving the directory structure.
2. The cart needs a mySQL database, so you should start by making a fresh new mySQL database, we’ll call this database “test”.
Note: We recommend adding a user to this database who has no access or privileges to the other databases on your server and to access the cart database with this user i.e. to use this user username and password in the php scripts.
3. After establishing the database, add a table to the this database, name it paypal, obviously this table is to hold your paypal information.
The paypal table should have the following 5 fields, the id field should be set as auto_increment and primary key:
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`emailaddress` text NOT NULL,
`currencyCode` text NOT NULL,
`thankYouUrl` text NOT NULL,
`cancelUrl` text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
4. Now it’s time to tell the admin panel and the cart about this new database they can use, for this purpose you will have to edit the following files:
dbdetails.php, in this file you only need to write :
- The name of the host (on some hosts, localhost wont work, on others it works, contact your hosting provider to know more about this, remember that you can always use the full host name instead).
- Name of database
- Username for this database
- Password of that user.
Note that there are two instances of the dbdetails.php file, one in the cart folder itself and one in the adminPanel folder, both should have the same information in them.
Finally, the db.php file in the cms subfolder of the adminPanel folder also needs to be edited, just write your database details here:
5. Add yourself as user to the adminPanel, you just need to edit the users.php file in the adminPanel folder.
PS: there can be one user in there, you can’t add more than one entry for the username and password.
6. Now you’re ready to use the adminPanel to add categories of products to your cart.
Surf to /cart/adminPanel or wherever you installed the cart to and you will see a login form, fill in the username and password you used in the users.php and you will immediately see the paypal account info panel appear. You can change your paypal account info from here.
7. Click the “Proceed to categories editing “ button and you will be taken to a new screen.
8. Click the “Add category” button to add a new category, give your new category a name (a name that is consistent with mySQL table naming rules) and it will be added after you click Ok.
9. Now the final step, adding products to this new category, click on the category name that appeared in the list to the left and then click the ‘Edit category’ button, use the hyperlink ADD to add new products.
Note: The preferred thumbnail size is 100 x100 and the preferred full size image size is should no more than 480x360